Northwest Massachusetts Incident Management Team
A Type III Team of highly trained volunteers
ready to support communities in times of need.
NWMIMT is a multi-agency/multi-jurisdictional Type 3 Incident Management Team of trained personnel from western Massachusetts who assist local jurisdictions in managing major and/or complex incidents including:
- weather-related disasters such as tornadoes, earthquakes or floods
- joint law enforcement operations
- public safety or public health operations
- planned exercises and events
Our team may be deployed locally, within Massachusetts and throughout the nation.
We are a division of the Tri-State Fire Mutual Aid Association (TSFMA).
The team can function as an Incident Management Team (IMT) when delegated the authority to act on behalf of the affected jurisdiction/organization or as an Incident Management Assistance Team (IMAT) to support on-scene personnel and/or the affected jurisdiction(s).
Are you ready for deployment?
- Download the I Am Responding App and Program and ensure that your contact information and preferences are up to date. Response to requests for deployment are needed within two hours of notification.
- Work with your employer to establish requirements for deployments
- Have you go kit ready to go
- Make sure your family emergency plan is current
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Next Team Meeting: Tuesday September 10, 2019 at GCC
Brief Administrative Report
Exercise: Based on Rhode Island Deployment: How ICS positions and sections work together.
Team Meetings are generally on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Greenfield Community College, East Building Rm 110 at 6:00 pm
GCC has generously donated this permanent space for emergency management use by the Franklin County Multi-Agency Coordination System, the Western MA Health and Medical Coordinating Committee and the Northwest Massachusetts Incident Management Team.
Massachusetts State Police Dispatch Center 25th Anniversary Celebration
The team has agreed to attend and support the celebration of 25 years of service from our Dispatch Centers to public safety organization across the region. We are proud of two of our members who work at Shelburne Control.
The event is on Sept 15 at the Florence Elks Hall. Planned activities include:
- Equipment display
- Afternoon, family friendly Bar-b-que
- Formal Dinner with awards, speeches and other formalities