Northwest Massachusetts Incident Management Team
A Type III Team of highly trained volunteers
ready to support communities in times of need.
NWMIMT is a multi-agency/multi-jurisdictional Type 3 Incident Management Team of trained personnel from western Massachusetts who assist local jurisdictions in managing major and/or complex incidents including:
- weather-related disasters such as tornadoes, earthquakes or floods
- joint law enforcement operations
- public safety or public health operations
- planned exercises and events
Our team may be deployed locally, within Massachusetts and throughout the nation.
We are a division of the Tri-State Fire Mutual Aid Association (TSFMA).
The team can function as an Incident Management Team (IMT) when delegated the authority to act on behalf of the affected jurisdiction/organization or as an Incident Management Assistance Team (IMAT) to support on-scene personnel and/or the affected jurisdiction(s).
Are you ready for deployment?
- Download the I Am Responding App and Program and ensure that your contact information and preferences are up to date. Response to requests for deployment are needed within two hours of notification.
- Work with your employer to establish requirements for deployments
- Have you go kit ready to go
- Make sure your family emergency plan is current
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Next Team Meeting: Tuesday fEBruary 11 at 5:00 pm:
Exercising the first 2 hours of a response
Team Meetings are generally on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Greenfield Community College, East Building Rm 110 at 6:00 pm
GCC has generously donated this permanent space for emergency management use by the Franklin County Multi-Agency Coordination System, the Western MA Health and Medical Coordinating Committee and the Northwest Massachusetts Incident Management Team.